Saturday, December 5, 2009

Doing "Nothing"

A friend called this morning and asked what I was doing. I replied, "nothing."

Well, the Motherhood vernacular of that word doesn't exactly mean the same thing as the Singlehood vernacular. Here's what I really meant when I said "nothing:"

  • Nursed and fed breakfast to Johnny
  • Ate breakfast
  • Played with him
  • Changed him multiple times
  • Put him down for a nap
  • Showered AND did my hair
  • Cleaned my room
  • Wrote a talk for church
  • Took out the trash
  • Installed new Vista updates on my computer
  • Called the Utilities companies
  • Called the previous owners of my condo to set up a time to meet them
  • Made plans to see a friend
  • Fed Johnny a bottle
  • Fed him lunch
  • Started a load of laundry

This was all before 11:30 am. Now, before having a child, I might have been showered by this point in the day. My, how life changes -- and thank goodness, too. I never knew how much I could squeeze into one day.

I'm glad it's Saturday and I have "nothing" to do for the rest of the day. :)

5 comments:

tami said...

I think I finally understand why I never get "anything" done...I'm too busy doing "nothing" ALL THE DAY LONG!

Cris said...

I think I'm a little self-conscious of my schedule now...

Cindy said...

I loved this post!

Steve and Julie said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Audrey said...

totally. And my husband wonders why I want to stay home and get "something" done!