Monday, January 24, 2011

Puddle Jumping in January

January is a hard month. It's just too cold to go outside. But by about 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon, after being cooped up indoors too long, both Johnny and I started to go crazy. So, we donned our winter gear and headed to the mountains. I took him on a little hike on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It was SO muddy, but so fun! We could overlook the city and breath clean, cold air. It was delicious.

A few fun memories: One time I told Johnny to close his eyes and tell me what he could hear. He did so, and we counted cars, birds, an airplane. For the rest of the hike, and even continuing on til today, when he wanted me to hear something he'd say, "listen, mom... [airplane]!" and he'd close his eyes! So cute. :) Another thing, the first time we came to a puddle I told him not to get in it so he didn't get his pants muddy. Every time we came to a puddle after that he'd ask if he could get in it or not. If it was shallow, I'd say ok. I can't believe how sweet he was, to ask every time, AND to obey on top of it. He is such a special kid. He really, truly is my best friend.




3 comments:

Jenna said...

that is way too cute!

kas said...

You two are way too cute. I love Johnny's hat!

Janelle Call Davis said...

What a good momma- it is good to let your kid jump in puddles. I resolve that I am the person that I am today because I had a momma that would permit mud pies and cardboard box creations in her home. Way to go you cute little momma!!!