Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meeting a Prophet!

A few weeks ago I went on a date with a guy who is graduating this year from medical school at the U. He belongs to an organization called Collegium Aesculapium, a non-profit organization for LDS physicians. It was a dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Salt Lake, and the guest speaker was President Uchtdorf! And as luck would have it, we sat at the table just next to his. He gave a wonderful talk, and when it was all over, we got to shake hands with him! My date was much more eloquent than I -- I was so in awe I just mumbled something unintelligible. It was so humbling to meet a prophet, to be in his presence all night, and then to actually shake his hand. Say what you like about Utah, but it's neat living among prophets.

1 comment:

Dan and Katie said...

Once during a general conference road trip that John let me tag along to, elder Uchtdorf was walking around before conference started, so John just walked over to meet him! That session he was called to be the new apostle. needless to say, John was bragging all the way home about how he got to talk to an apostle!! :)