Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hurricane Lake

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll! I hope everyone had a great holiday and ate lots of food. We did! We got together with two other couples, so the meal prep wasn't quite so overwhelming since we could split it up. Everything was delicious and the company was even better!

The next day, John and I went camping up to Hurricane Lake, which is about an hour from us. It was pretty chilly, but not bad, especially after the fire was started. John really showed his scouting skills lighting that fire. We realized after the fire just wouldn't start that the firewood we had bought that day had been drenched when it rained two days before. But with determination, John finally got it blazin' hot! It was really fun to go camping with just the two of us -- we were going to go with two other couples, but they bailed out on us because they thought it was going to be too cold, and they were scared of the alligators. They missed out -- It was such a pretty campsite!


Can you see all the birds in a row! There were hundreds of them all lined up across the pond. I wonder where they were going? It reminded me of the Little Ducklings.

Ok, so that's not really a sign you like to see when you're camping on the edge of the lake, with a nice swampy edge a few feet from your tent. But I'm pretty sure alligators don't like hot dogs or s'mores, so I wasn't too worried.


10 comments:

tami said...

Hey, if you were alone...who took those pictures with both of you in them? The alligators?

Looks like fun. I wish it was that warm here!

janabananagirl said...

So is that last picture your scared look or cold look? Looks like a beautiful lake. Glad you had fun! Happy holidays!

dtcmw said...

Emily, so I don't have your email so I have to leave you a comment for the world to see. I have been keeping up with you via your blog ever since I got your Thank you card, but it would be really great to talk to you directly. Email me at ter_webb@yahoo.com.

Teri

Iris said...

hey, now I have posts more current than yours!!! =) See you next week =)

Sarah said...

Sweet! I want to go there just for the sign!

BreAnna said...

Ummm ya, I would stay away from lakes with signs like that!! I love blogs I am so glad I found yours! Have a great Christmas!!

Grandpa Alley said...

What fun!

BreAnna said...

ok, so I already commented so I am back and I am REALLY a blog stalker!! It was so nice to see you guys, I always have and still do consider you such a close friend, thanks for that. Have a great New Year!

Tricia said...

Hey, um, are you planning to post on this thing in the next, oh, year? Just checking....

Audrey said...

Where's Emily?