I know I haven't written anything personal yet as words are impossible to find adequate to the task. Still, among my many many thoughts and feelings, I wanted to share this one today.
After receiving a sweet email from a new good friend in Florida this afternoon I realized how half of my "family" is so far from me. I miss my friends in Florida. My experience there the week of John's death was incredible. The outpouring of love and support was Celestial. No words can describe, no thanks enough, to express the power that comes from selfless service. The true test of one's character is brought out in moments like these, and I witnessed so many who gave so much. New friends were formed that will last a life time. Love was expressed in actions that I believe the Savior would have done. Although this trial is one that is testing my very core, I thank my Heavenly Father for the overabundance of blessings that he has poured upon me through the charity of others. Truly, I have been lifted up in my time of need and carried when my strength has failed me.
I am so grateful for all of you. For the letters/cards and donations from people I have never met, for words of encouragement from friends of friends, for flowers to cheer and lift our spirits, for food to sustain us, for babysitters, for emails, texts, voicemails, for prayers, and for family that gave all they had.
Our lives will go on, but you will forever stay in my memory as a testimony of the power of service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Emily,
Thank you for your beautiful words and testimony. Your strength and kindness are an inspiration to us all. Take care.
You are amazing! I am so glad we have the Gospel to sustain us through times that seem unbearable! You are always in my prayers! I agree with tk...you really are an inspiration to us all!
We miss you so much here. You talk about the sacrifice everyone made to help you, but let me tell you, none of us saw it as that. We were friends helping friends and would do it again in a heartbeat. We love you and miss you!! By the way, what's your email address. Great friend I am who doesn't even know that. :)
Wow Emily. I think the world of you and am thinking of you all the time. I love you!
Emily, I'm glad you've had so many people to comfort you. It helps so much and your testimony of it has strenthened me. Take care!
You are such an example to me. I continue to think of you and hope you feel my love. We love you!
You're inspiring Emily. You continue to be in my prayers.
Emily, I have never met you and probably never will. I went to the Y but now live in Philadelphia. But I have to tell you that I pray for you every night. I pray that you and your little one will never be alone, and that you will be happy and fulfilled. I just thought you should know that.
-becca
Emily,
You don't know who I am but Kamber Ellsworth told me about your story. I also lost my husband in the plane crash. I have a 5 month old son that my husband only got to know for about 3 months. I wanted to let you know that if you want you have someone else to talk with. Kamber and I talk every so often about how things are going and it always helps me to know that there is someone else who knows what you are going through. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, I live in West Valley and I am here if you need me. I want you to know that I will be thinking about you.
Lisa Shumway
Post a Comment