Happy Birthday, John. It has now been 10 months since you passed away, and I've had plenty of time to sit and think about you. So, for your birthday, here are 27 things I love and miss about you most:
1. Your smile and laugh
2. Waiting for you to get home from work
3. Text messages from you all day long
4. Your smile
5. The butterflies I get just being around you
6. Your phone calls from work telling me you love me
7. Going to movies together
8. Making you dinner and watching you eat it
9. Listening to you talk about all things political
10. Going to church together
11. Discussing finances with you
12. Planning road trips
13. Camping
14. Praying and reading scriptures together
15. Having Family Home Evening every Monday night and listening to you sing the song while I played the piano
16. Listening to the IPOD and NPR together
17. Kicking the raquetball back and forth in the house
18. Playing bocco ball and lasso golf in the backyard
19. Temple trips
20. Folding our laundry together
21. Planning for our future family
22. Throwing the ball in the house without getting in trouble
23. Golfing together
24. Spending time with our families and friends together
25. Seeing you in your flight suit
26. Dreaming of the future
27. Your hugs and kisses, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Those 27 things are great! I'm sorry he isn't here with you to celebrate his birthday. It was so good to see you. You look fabulous and Johnny is THE cutest baby.
I adore this blog post! This is the best birthday present a husband could ever ask for. You are wonderful & if there is anywhere he would want to be for his b-day it would be with you.
I love that video! Very cute. What wonderful things to say about John. You are a trooper. You are a wonderful wife and mother. Such a great example to us all! Take care Em!
We love you Emily, you are wonderful! That is a great video of John. When is your next trip to CO? :)
That's a sweet list. I'm sure it made John smile. (:
What a hard day for you (one of many I suppose). I loved your list and the video made me miss you guys. Big hugs from the de Lima family!
I didn't think yesterday would be so hard for me, but it hurt. And I know it hurt in many hearts. But how sweet to have you and Johnny so near.
Love - Dad
PS - For the first time in my life, I skied the Men's Downhill run at Snowbasin in honor of John. Talk about steep!
Em - His birthday was hard, awfully hard - let's be together for the next big event, say...Easter?! He is so lucky to have you Emily. And so are we. I love you!!!
What a wonderful tribute to John! I saw a picture of him as a baby over on Julie's blog, and I have to say, Johnny looks just like John. When we saw you last I couldn't say either way, but this is for sure. You definitely have a little John right there with you! Take care! We miss you!
Post a Comment