Monday, September 28, 2009

The Tim Tam Slam!!!

1. Obtain the delicious chocolately cookie from Australia or New Zealand.

2. Make some hot cocoa, and anticipate the goodness!
3. Bite off both ends of the cookie and sip the cocoa through the cookie.

4. Try not to drop the soggy cookie into the cocoa.

5. Lick your fingers clean and enjoy another!
When John graduated from the Air Force Academy in May 2006, he and a big group of friends took a 60 days trip around the Pacific Rim. When they were in New Zealand (John's favorite place in the world) he fell in love with Tim Tams and the Tim Tam Slam.


When John and I were dating and he first met my sister Tami he called her Tim Tam. It was really funny and shocking, since he didn't even know her. Well, the name stuck and every time he talked to her after that it was always "Hey, Tim Tam!" So, Tam and I ate these in memory of John. We love you!!!

6 comments:

tami said...

oh my word. who is that old woman next to you?

this was fun :) sorry I couldn't contain my cookie.

Fattastic said...

I LOVE Tim Tams! Everytime my mom would go to her native land down under she'd bring us back Tim Tams. They're great! I'll have to try to Tim Tam Slam next time I get some.

Sarah said...

How fun! What do they taste like? Gingery?

Tonia said...

It looks like you guys had way too much fun!

I'll have to find a way to obtain some Tim Tam's and try it out, sounds yummy!

Iris said...

How fun =) And what a good memory =)

Kori said...

Yum! Gotta go to Australia or New Zealand! :)