Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One

Johnny turned one today.
Has it been that long?
Yesterday he was small and still.
Today he was running and jabbering.
12 months without John seemed like 12 years
12 months with Johnny has seemed like 12 seconds
How can that be?
Every moment I think "THIS is my favorite age"
Every moment I think "Could I possibly love him more?"
To be a mother is to taste eternal joy

I have loved every minute with Johnny
and if we were parted, my memories of this last year
would carry me through to Heaven.
















Tami
Chandler
Photography



12 comments:

Derek, Ali, Breck, Jade, Koemi and Carter said...

Yay, Happy Birthday little man! Darling pics as always.

Tonia said...

I love how you described your love of motherhood! The pictures are so cute, Tami is so talented and of course Johnny is adorable!

Happy birthday little man!

Stacey said...

These pictures are beautiful. Johnny just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Happy birthday little man!

Shannon said...

wonderful post...love the sweet words...and of course the sweet photos! Johnny is so beautiful....can't get over those eyes!

Jill May said...

He is so beautiful, Emily! What a handsome handsome little man! I completely agree with you on motherhood and I can tell you are a fantastic mother to this sweet little guy!

Amy Evensen said...

Johnny is so so handsome!! I just love this post Em!

Jenna said...

ADORABLE PHOTOS!!! HE IS A MODEL BABY!

Sarah said...

Those pictures are simply amazing!!! Have you thought of signing him up with a modeling agency?!?

Alena said...

He is SO beautiful! And ONE!!! How time does fly. You are so poetic. Alena

Dan and Katie said...

What darling pictures!

Iris said...

SO cute! I especially love the first picture. And, way to go on Johnny's bday cake!

Liz said...

Gorgeous pictures!! He is so beautiful! The blue scarf does wonders to his eyes. Heavenly!