Saturday, April 17, 2010

The New Desk

I'm learning that home ownership is all about doing things one step at a time. One of my latest projects has been The Office. This poor room had become the catch-all. And I hardly had the furniture to accommodate such a collection of odds and ends. The solution? A new desk! I have been searching for one for the last 3 months. And I finally found it!

I was not picky about WHERE the desk came from -- I checked Office Depot, Walmart, Target, other various stores, KSL, Craigslist. I wasn't even that picky about the price. But I was picky about the features. So when I found this beauty on KSL for a STEAL, I jumped on it! It had only been listed for a few hours, so despite the late hour (and after some prodding from my mom who said I shouldn't worry about calling too late) I called the owners and set up an appointment to go see it, even though I was already sure I wanted to buy it.

After appearing all nonchalant about it, I offered them $50 less than they asked. I was floored when they accepted! I handed over the cash immediately, thrilled to be getting such a lovely piece of furniture for such a steal.

The best part was that the owner (and nicest man alive!) drove it out to my house for me -- for free! I tried to pay him, but he wouldn't let me. With the help of my brother, a friend, and two guys from my ward, they hoisted this 10,000 pound thing into my office.

It has made all the difference! Now I love being in this room.

Organize the Office -- Check

Because blogger is being lame, the pics are of:
1. The room before (after moving a lot out)...
2. After moving everything in the family room to get ready for the new desk
3. The new desk
4. How the room looks now!








7 comments:

Sarah said...

ooooo prett-y

Nicole said...

that IS a great looking desk!

Steve and Julie said...

Very nice! Excellent work!

Dave and Candace said...

What a perfect desk. I am feeling inspired to get organized just looking at it.

Jeanne Alley said...

It is beautiful. I am envious of you being so organized, must make it so much easier to function.

Julina said...

It's perfect. And yes, you should be picky about your desk, after all you'll spend quite a bit of time there for work. :)

Audrey said...

oh so jealous.... looks awesome and totally makes me want to reorganize. Or maybe I'll just come use your desk... :)