Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mueller Park Canyon

Ever since taking Johnny camping, I'd really wanted to do a campfire with him. I'd tried to arrange it a few times, but everybody always had things going on. Finally, a few weekends ago I asked, or more like mentioned to, my mom if she was interested in going up the canyon, and she said Yes! I was so excited! And my Dad was totally willing to come, too! While my parents threw some stuff together, I ran to the store for marshmellows. Then we headed up to Mueller Park Canyon, which is just here in Bountiful.

My Dad, the All-Knowing Scout Leader Extraordinaire, made the campfire. I tried to help so that I felt useful. Mom took Johnny down to the stream to throw rocks and explore. The weather was perfect and cool, and we had a fun party of people at the campfire next to us who were dancing to hits from the 50s - which was awesome!

The hot dogs were a hit, but Johnny didn't really like the marshmellows. I think he found them too sticky. But it was funny watching him make a mess!

I am so glad I have such fun parents who are willing to support my crazy, last-minute antics. I love you guys!!




3 comments:

kas said...

Emily! so glad your back, AND we loving doing stuff like that. call us anytime. sorry about your sweet potatos. that is sad!

dtcmw said...

Oh my gosh, that kid is so cute! What a fun mom you are. -Teri

Audrey said...

Wow, your hair is getting so long! Beautiful as always! Don't worry, the marshmallows will grow on him in a few years and that's all he'll want when you go camping! What a fun day trip! Or did you stay longer?