Friday, September 14, 2007

Hello World Wide Web

Well, here it is. I swore I would never have a blog, and here I am. Marriage does all sorts of weird things to you -- so does moving 1500 miles from your family. So in an effort to keep in touch, or rather so ya'll (I AM in Florida now, so I can say that) can keep up to speed with us, I have decided to begin a blog. We'll see how long it lasts . . .

Actually, my inspiration and drive for creating a blog is because I so enjoy reading those of my family and friends. My online routine: check email (all 3), check blogs, then pay the bills (or whatever my real need was for getting online). I realize that it's easier to check someone's blog rather than make a phone call to see what's up, but I hope that I still hear from ya'll from time to time.

So, today is our 2 month annivesary. Wow. We're now living in Milton, Florida! Population: 8,044. You're either a long-time local (meaning 5th generation or more) or you're a young military family. Not much in between. You can usually tell the difference immediately by the accent. John and I both love it here, though. The heat and outrageous humidity seem to not bother us so much now. Or maybe we've learned not to leave air conditioning for any extended period of time. Either way, we don't mind the weather. And the beaches are FANTASTIC. I haven't been disappointed by any beach yet.

It rains almost every afternoon -- and I mean RAINS. The thunder and lightening storms are incredible, and every afternoon we think our house is going to flood. But it hasn't -- yet. Yesterday John and I ran around the yard in our bare feet playing in the rain. We raced blades of grass down our steep driveway (we both lost, the blades didn't move too well -- popsicle sticks are much better). I noticed nobody else came outside to play in the rain. Don't they realize it doesn't rain like this other places?! Or maybe we're not 'supposed' to play in the rain anymore. Nah!

We really love our house! Although it's in an 'interesting' part of town (trailers down the street, and 3 cops stopped at our neighbors last month -- hmm), we still love it. It's really big for just the two of us, with 3 bedrooms. I will attach a picture once I figure that out. One step at a time.

We like our branch, I mean ward. We're small and few but the members are great. Actually, the ward is huge, but the inactivity is so high that there aren't too many there each Sunday. Lots of work to do. John got called as the second counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency and I got called as the second counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. So we should stay fairly busy.

So that's what we've been up to since we got married. A few trips to Mobile, AL, one to Birmingham, AL, and another to Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA, not to mention our beach excursions -- we're staying fairly busy playing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice honey, very nice. :)
From your husband.

tami said...

So glad to have you in blog-land! I look forward to your posts. And I guess now that you have posted I can officially add your link to my page!

Love your comment, John :)

tami said...

hey, did you mean to cut John out of the picture?

Christine said...

Hey! Love the blog! :) And this better mean that I will get comments from you on mine now! ;)

Meg said...

How fun! Now I want to create a blog. :) It's great to hear how things are going with you. Sounds like marriage is awesome, Florida is so fun, and your work is the best ever! I'm so happy for you!
Margaret

Jeanne Alley said...

Julie, Trenton and Kali came yesterday for overnight and she told me the news of your blog site and shared it with me. What a wonderful way for me to keep up on your activities.

Grandma Alley