Monday, April 21, 2008
Spouse Taxi Day
So, I learned how to taxi the T-34C airplane last week. It was Spouse Taxi Day at NAS Whiting Field. The wives got to dress in flight suits and helmets and gloves and ear plugs and they put us in the plane with an Instructor Pilot and drove us around the runway. The IP even let me take the controls for a bit. The turning is all done with your feet using the rudder and breaks. I got to try parking it 3 times and he pretended to be impressed.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! What an experience. That is very cool.
OH MY GOSH! How fun! I love the picture of you and John...You look great!
You should have just gunned it and taken off. Okay, obviously I don't even know if that's how it's done. :) You look like a natural.
You two look great in flight suits!
Wow!!!! That is one of the coolest things ever! I'm so jealous! I wonder why Dan's work doesn't let me come in & work with the satellites once a year.... (:
YOU are so FUN! You are just awesome Emily that you didn't shy away from participating! What an adventure and fun story to tell your kids! Nice gear!
Post a Comment