Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Priceless Gift

I know everybody wants to see pictures of Johnny, but this is a special month for me. I have so many memories in May. I can't help but be drawn to my husband this time of year.

Some dear, dear friends of mine, whom I like to think of as extended family, stopped by to visit me on Mother's Day. I was so excited to see them again, especially since it was a hard day for me. Seeing them would have been wonderful enough, but they came bearing gifts; which is not unusual for them, as they are some of the most charitable people I have ever met.

Since John died I have wanted to commission someone to do a drawing of him holding our son. Nobody really knew about this desire, however. I guess my Father in Heaven knew. Somehow he put it in the hearts of my dear friends that maybe I would appreciate a drawing like that. Without any word to me, they commissioned the drawing and presented it to me on Mother's Day.

I was beyond shocked. I just sat there starring at the picture, thinking, "How did they know?!?" It is beautiful and I love it so much. But more than that, my heart is forever touched by the sensitivity of my friends. Such compassionate understanding is not a trait many possess. And this family has it in abundance. Thank you Sue, Kevin, Val, Taylor, Isaac, Heather, and Tyson (the Fink Family).

17 comments:

Christine said...

what a fantastic picture!! How thoughtful of your friends. I'm so glad they did that for you.

Cassie said...

Emily ~ I LOVE it! An amazing, breathtaking picture!
And I think little Johnny looks more like his Daddy with each picture I see.

Valerie Housley said...

We love you!!!!!!!!!

Kari said...

What amazing people and what a beautiful picture! It brought tears to my eyes. I hope all is well and I would still love to get together sometime. Are you coming down this way anytime soon? love ya

Sarah said...

Angels they are! I'm so glad Heavenly Father keeps giving you blessings to help you along. I've had a similar experience of a much smaller magnitude so I know they pure love you must have felt from Him. He loves you!

Alena said...

That is sooo neat. How neat Heavenly Father knows and looks out for you. What a blessing to have this picture and beautifully framed too!

Liz Hall said...

It's amazing how Heavenly Father comes through for us in the smallest ways. Thanks for sharing, that is a beautiful picture and a great idea.

Kara said...

It's beautiful. What a great desire for you and for little Johnny! Such a perfect gift!

Tonia said...

What a beautiful gift and what wonderful friends who are in tune with the spirit to know what you need. The drawing is gorgeous!

Liz said...

That is incredible! So beautiful I cried. Thank you for your strength and amazing faith and courage.

Jill May said...

I just can't get over how beautiful this is! It brought tears to my eyes too! What a wonderful mother's day present. I have to add that I have never seen a happier baby! Your little guy's eyes just sparkle!

Maegan said...

That is such an amazing picture and an awesome gift that Heavenly Father conveyed to you through the talents of a great giving person. I am so glad that you have that beautiful picture!

Iris said...

what an amazing gift

Adriane said...

Wow, that is so awesome. What an amazing gift.

hori said...

Emily, how absolutely beautiful. What a priceless treasure...we love you...and see you tonight at the reception!
love your cousin,
Holly

Jeanne Alley said...

I couldn't breath for a few seconds when David gave me a copy of this inspired gift that only adds to your strength, courage and strong testimony and says it all for all of us.
Love Grandma Alley

usmcsedrick said...

Absolutly Beautiful!