Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Mom's Little Protege

Johnny has been able to do what's in the movie for at least the last 3 or 4 months now, I just hadn't recorded it yet. It all began with his obsession for a ceramic owl at my mom's house. He would hoot and hoot all day.

Then he found this book, also at mom's house, and can't get enough of it:

And, finally, my mom began pointing out birds from the deck and teaching him some of the calls. She is also a bird lover and amateur bird-whiz.

Once I realized he was memorizing them, and understood them, I began making all the sounds I could. Unfortunately, his repertoire is limited to my ability to replicate the bird calls. I'm getting better. :)

9 comments:

tami said...

I am dying! That is the cutest video ever!

Callie said...

Emily, he's adorable! How did he get so big so fast?

Melissa said...

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave and Candace said...

Love it! That is one talented little boy . . . not to mention adorable.

Audrey said...

Awesome! And what a fun interest he has! I'm glad you got that on video! Maybe they can use it in his school science class one day... So very cute! You're a good mom! I was just thinking, you ought to take him to a bird show- see if the Hogle Zoo has one or some other place nearby- where he could feel the birds or see them fly over your heads, etc. What's his favorite by the way?

Audrey said...

P.S. Just had the boys watch this and they loved it, Isaac especially. He wanted to know when you'd come visit again... me too...

Christine said...

SO freaking cute!! I can't wait to hang out with this little man this weekend!!!

Adriane said...

That was sooo adorable! My favorite part is when he says "Jesus"! So cute!

Jeanne Alley said...

Great Grandma's song bird. Very special how he says "Jesus"!