The banana spiders brought it all back. They were huge! And right above you on the trail so you had to watch your head as you walked under them (well, at least I did!) . Bekah (my little sister), you would NOT have had a good time. It was really cool to see them working on their webs, though. John threw a twig in one, and the spider crawled over and worked it out and dropped it to the ground. It was cool!
Can you see the 2 animals in the picture below? (This is my own version of Magic-Eye)
After our hike, we got cleaned up and went to dinner at a local Mexican favorite. It was fantastic. I tried Horchata -- it's a rice, milk, nutmeg drink. It was interesting, but good. We had so much fun. And to top the night off, we rented Season 3 of The Office and watched a few episodes! It was a perfect night!
9 comments:
I love these photos of your adventures! Tell us where and what the animals are in your "magic eye" photo-we can't spot them! Sounds like you'll have some great places to show us if we ever come to visit! Love mom
There are two deer right in the middle of the picture. They are looking straight at the camera. I had to zoom all the way in, plus it was dusk, so it didn't turn out very well.
I'd like to say this sounds fun, but, um...alligators, big, industrious spiders...I think I would have just skipped all that and gone straight to The Office. :)
You two make me sick. Cute married couple just doing cute little field trips over and over and over. Sheesh-don't either of you work! Thank goodness for these blogs though, seems the only way we all keep in touch anymore. Now if we could just get the other brothers to follow Jeff's lead....
Big spiders and alligators? Ummm....no thanks. But it looked really pretty otherwise.
You guys were brave. Throwing sticks in their webs?!?! Never in a million years would I have done that. I would have been too afraid to make it mad and it would come and attack me. Yikes!
It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Alligators...for real?
Beautiful. I love places like this.
Post a Comment