Monday, October 1, 2007

Atlanta, Georgia!

Last weekend John and I drove up to Atlanta, GA to go to the temple. It was about 5 1/2 hours to drive there, so we made it an overnighter. We were hoping to catch the end of an Atlanta Braves (that's baseball, girls) game, but we forgot about the time change!! -- we live in central time -- I know, it's weird. So, we missed it. But we got there just as it ended, so we ran inside to see what the stadium looked like and ended up catching a great firework show!! It was really fun.




The next day we went to the Atlanta temple, which was beautiful and wonderful!! I love going to the temple with John. It really helps to put life into perspective and helps me focus on what's really important. We didn't have anyone to take our picture, so this was taken by setting the camera on the ground.




The last thing we did on our trip was go to lunch with Britt and Emily. Emily was my college roommate back in the day. They treated us to Atlanta Bread, which was super delicious. It was so fun to catch up and see them again. And their little boys Neil and Hans are so cute! We had a great time, and hopefully we'll get to see them again soon. Maybe we'll actually catch a Braves game next time!


3 comments:

janabananagirl said...

Holy crow! Britt and Em have another little boy? That's so awesome. Glad you had a good time in Atlanta! Cheers!

Melissa said...

How fun! I'm jealous that you Em and Britt got to see you!

Melissa said...

that's supposed to say: I'm jealous that Em and Britt got to see you!