Oh, Happy Day! Johnny has a new little boy cousin. Tam gave birth to a beautiful little boy tonight. He was born at 5:45pm weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long.
Poor Tam - what a trooper and strong woman she is! Determined as ever to go natural, she labored hard with little Ben (she was dilated to about a 7) until it was finally discovered that the little guy was flipped upside down the wrong way - completely breech. AND they'd give her pitocin since her water had broken during the night. (Where did those dr's go to medical school??) They had to do a C-section, which is of course the last thing Tam wanted. I was so worried about her, but she did it!! Little Ben is healthy and sooo darling.
I stayed home with the kiddies while Tam was in the hospital. We made a WELCOME HOME BABY BEN sign to hang in the front yard when they come home, and Caleb and Lis made cards to take to Tam and the baby in the hospital. We were finally able to visit them about 7:30. I didn't get any pictures because I took video, since everyone else was taking pictures. But I'll post some pics soon.
3 CHEERS FOR TAM!!
And 3 CHEERS FOR JOSH, for sticking by her side the whole time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooh congrats to Tami! I definitely understand the feelings of not wanting the c-section and going throuh so much labor only to have to have one in the end! She should be proud of how she did and know the rest was out of her control! Congrats on being an Auntie again too!
You guys are wonder women. Tell her I said "Hi" and Congrats. Hope you both continue to do well. Alena
Post a Comment