Friday, April 24, 2009

My little, LITTLE boy!

Johnny had his 6 month checkup today. The results are in . . . small body, BIG brains.

Weight: 14#13oz Percentile: 10%

Length: 26.5 '' Percentile: 60%

Head Circumference: 17 3/4 '' Percentile: 85%

To be honest, the Dr. thinks they measured his length incorrectly because he really is SO short. I am just now barely starting to phase out the newborn/0-3 months clothes and transition into 3-6 months. Crazy. At least this way, we're really getting good use out of those little clothes, which according to most people, hardly ever get worn.

Why so skinny?? YES, grandmothers, I'm feeding him. He's a great eater. But we play SO much during the day that he's burning all the calories. He's constantly moving, rolling, playing. So, I have loads of things to do to up his calorie count during the day, and I have to go back in a month for a weight/length checkup.

Little Johnny has put on ONE POUND in two months. Yikes. He looks like a little wrestler. Didn't get those genes from me. . . dad?? :)

6 comments:

janabananagirl said...

Little or not, that Johnny of yours is one stinkin' cute kid!

Melissa said...

He is sooo cute. Don't worry too much about him being small. Dylan's in the 10th percentile for everything. Tyler was always above the 100% mark:-) I LOVE the headstone and the pictures of you and Johnny.

Alena said...

My babies have all been short, but that is to be expected with his short parents. I stopped worrying along time ago about all the percentiles and started to go with intuition. Mother's intuition, you can't beat that. And he is sooo dang cute, how could he not be okay? Alena

Alena said...

I meant, with their (my kids) short parents. Sorry

Iris said...

Anna has a big head too if it makes you feel any better.....I like the big brains comment....and wow, I wish I had his metabolism!

Alicia said...

Wow, 6 month check-up! I understand how it feels to want your kid to put on the weight. Our little baby girl was born 6 lbs. 15 oz. and lost 15 oz. in just two days because she wasn't getting enough food from me and we didn't know it. Yikes. She'll be 4 weeks old this Saturday. If you want to be invited to see her blog, send me an E-mail, I'd love for you to see her. My E-mail is go.darts@gmail.com. I think I know yours, but send me an E-mail just in case you've changed it. I'd love to be in touch again.