Monday, April 20, 2009

My Baby Turns 6 Months

Happy Half-Birthday, Johnny!!!


I can hardly believe it's already been 6 months.
I am so grateful you came to me.
As I think back over the months,
my mind is not drawn to sleepless nights or stinky diapers.
Instead, I am amazed by the joy and sunshine you've brought into my life.
Every morning I wake smiling as I hear you babbling to yourself.
Every night love fills my being just to hear you breathing.
When you cry, I want to comfort you.
When you smile, I smile.
Your life has given me purpose and meaning again.
You have made me feel needed.
In your simple, innocent way, you gave me direction when I felt none.
He knew I needed you.


13 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

You are very poetic!!! I love those pictures! You are such a good mom!

Clay said...

Happy half birthday little guy! I don't think he could be any cuter. He has the prettiest/hansomest features. I love his eyes, nose, and lips! Too cute. I also loved your poem for him. He was a big miracle. I'm so happy you have him too.

Clay said...

sorry--it was actually for me, Kara. Although I'm sure Clay would agree.

Alena said...

You are a conqueror!

Steve and Julie said...

Happy half-birthday, buddy! What a beautiful post for a beautiful boy.

Unknown said...

Liitle Johnny...you are growing up so fast! What a blessing you are to those who know you and love you. You have brought tremendous joy and light at a time when there was none. I love you.

Stacey said...

Emily, little Johnny is so cute! That was a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

The Ceelens said...

He is sooooo cute!!! Happy Birthday buddy!! We can't wait to see your beautiful face! Your blog was beautifully written Em!

Iris said...

How cute! And what a nice message. I hope you are having a great time!!!!

Cassi Wood said...

Happy Birthday Johnny! Thanks for being good to your momma. :)

Sarah said...

Perfection

Tonia said...

He's so adorable and I can't believe he's 6 months already! What a cutie!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Your words are so beautiful. It really touched my heart! Children do amazing things to you.