It was one year ago today that we celebrated John's life at his funeral. What a hard, but neat day. I couldn't have been more pleased with the program. I was so impressed with everyone that participated and I know John would have been very pleased. And it was neat to have the F-16 flyover from the Black Widow squadron at Hill Air Force Base. And then the internment was beautiful. The military sure knows how to honor their fallen soldiers. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have John by my side. Then again, he probably was.
Since I never posted pictures last year, I thought I'd post some this time.
I love you, Em. Your strength, your courage, and especially your faith are inspiring. You have no idea the impact you have had on so many lives, including mine. When I am feeling sad about John, I think of you and realize that I can get through it. You truly are among the "noble and great, chosen before the world was." Again, I love you.
I don't know how you do it! You really are such a strong woman. The way you live your life and rely on the Lord is an example to me. You are in my prayers every day and I hope that time will heal the hurt!
Thank you for allowing me to be part of that day. I think of it often and feel blessed to have been able to sing during the services. I was and am still moved by your strength, power, grace, humility and love that shines so bright. Thank you for being an example to me of emulating your life after Christ.
THANK YOU for sharing. I wanted to be there so badly for you. Give baby Johnny a big hug for me today -- I've been thinking a lot about him while preparing for my little boy.
Thanks for sharing these. I remember some from Tami's blog I think. Wish I could have been there. It sounded like a beautiful service. I'm glad you have pictures.
Wonderful photos, Emily! Thanks for posting them - it brought back memories of the day of the funeral, and it really was a beautiful tribute to John. Love, Dana
Thank you for your courage that is a constant inspiration for me. Julie has just spent a few days with me and only this morning I shared my still raw feelings with her. I will continue to pray for just a small portion of the strength of your example. I love you and Johnny so very much. Grandma Alley
7 comments:
I love you, Em. Your strength, your courage, and especially your faith are inspiring. You have no idea the impact you have had on so many lives, including mine. When I am feeling sad about John, I think of you and realize that I can get through it. You truly are among the "noble and great, chosen before the world was." Again, I love you.
I don't know how you do it! You really are such a strong woman. The way you live your life and rely on the Lord is an example to me. You are in my prayers every day and I hope that time will heal the hurt!
Thank you for allowing me to be part of that day. I think of it often and feel blessed to have been able to sing during the services. I was and am still moved by your strength, power, grace, humility and love that shines so bright. Thank you for being an example to me of emulating your life after Christ.
THANK YOU for sharing. I wanted to be there so badly for you. Give baby Johnny a big hug for me today -- I've been thinking a lot about him while preparing for my little boy.
Thanks for sharing these. I remember some from Tami's blog I think. Wish I could have been there. It sounded like a beautiful service. I'm glad you have pictures.
Wonderful photos, Emily! Thanks for posting them - it brought back memories of the day of the funeral, and it really was a beautiful tribute to John. Love, Dana
Thank you for your courage that is a constant inspiration for me. Julie has just spent a few days with me and only this morning I shared my still raw feelings with her. I will continue to pray for just a small portion of the strength of your example. I love you and Johnny so very much.
Grandma Alley
Post a Comment